BEING OPEN: WE HAVE A CHOICE IN THE LIFE WE ARE CHOOSING TO LIVE S1|E12 The True North Collective Podcast
#12: BEING OPEN: WE HAVE A CHOICE IN THE LIFE WE ARE CHOOSING TO LIVE
We are Rachel Bellotti and Jenell Riesner, co-hosts of the TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE PODCAST, exploring everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
We have met so many interesting people from all walks of life living fascinating and inspiring lives whose stories aren’t being told. This season we are excited to connect with and celebrate the untold stories of everyday people from Sheboygan, WI, to Santa Monica, CA, who are living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today we’re welcoming Andrea Foster, a dear friend, fitness pal, successful hospitality executive, and general badass. We talk using fitness to discover and connect with who we are, soliciting feedback to understand our unique specialness, retiring should’s and the busy life, and leaving the world better than how we found it by taking care of self first so we can take care of others.
*note: this episode includes some explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- UN|STUCK - introducing life + soul coaching with Rachel Bellotti
- Whoop wearable that tracks heart rate + variable strengths day to day
- Landmark - communication seminar
- SPIRE Fitness - Milwaukee’s first row, TRX, and cycle studio in the MidWest
- Intro music from Jukedeck - create your own at http://jukedeck.com
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Slowing down enough to really consider what something means to you and what you think and feel in this moment, with this experience allows you to start to take responsibility for your life and stop outsourcing your ideas and actions to the outside world.
- Making better choices starts by making small changes to the stuff you are already doing each day. We don’t eat an elephant all in one bite, we eat an elephant one bite at a time. Similarly, making better choices is done one day at a time, one moment at at time. Choose to make the better choice for YOU as often as you can. And note, the better choice for you is up for you to decide.
- We have to let go of the person we believe we are to become the person we were meant to be.
TIME STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [7:00] Andrea’s introduction
- [8:55] Living a “full life”
- [11:00] Defining myself as an athlete
- [13:00] Importance of having a routine
- [17:27] Making big change + putting self first can be lonely
- [19:15] Making fitness social
- [24:20] Retiring the words “should” and “shouldn’t”
- [25:50] Everybody can win + does when we embrace our unique gifts
- [27:27] How do you see your special sauce + what makes you magical?
- [31:13] The flaw in comparison vs. seeing what’s right in the people and the world around you
- [45:40] Better choices made easy
- [55:55] Pause + celebrate where you are today
- [1:00:43] Finding ways to be accountable to yourself
- [1:03:20] Making choices that inspire you so that you can inspire the world around you
- [1:05:55] Being open to opportunities to learn something new from new places because you don’t know what you don’t know
- [1:10:16] Connect with Andrea Foster via IG: @andreakmfoster
- [1:10:45] Thank you for listening + reach out on our website if inspired