Monday Sep 27, 2021
Monday Sep 27, 2021
Monday Sep 27, 2021
Get ready for THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 4! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold - until now. This season, we continue to celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
In today’s episode, we’re so excited to talk to Nicole Lohse, a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Feldenkrais Practitioner, and Yoga Teacher. She supports people in shifting out of survival + into flow through her 1:1 work + online programming. Her work is based on emphasizing that you are already whole + her knowledge of body, mind, + soul influences how she supports others from a very intuitive, energetic, + somatic place. Nicole walks us through how to be more connected with yourself by understanding the language of your body + your survival philosophy. By building your capacity + regulation at a nervous system level, your resiliency will increase. It’s from here that you’ll shift from surviving your way through life to thriving + accessing more of your truth. In this episode, we wrestle with:
- A quick celebration for our 100th episode!!!
- Learning to speak German while in a practicum to become a firefighter + smelly raft guides
- Understanding your body’s linguistics + survival patterns
- Movement as an IN to get to know yourself
- Numbing out, overriding, distracting, + bypassing
- Building capacity for activation + discomfort
- Recognizing your wholeness
- Feeling your emotions
- Knowing your somatic experience of living your true north
- Listening to the body as a more efficient + productive approach to life
- Living the live experiment of life
- How connection + relationship fit into somatic work
- Putting support systems on pedastals
Nicole is the most beautiful grounding presence that innately invites a full-bodied exhale. Get ready to be soothed into essential self-inquiry about who you are through your body’s natural experience. <3
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @melaninbasecamp
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @vasu_sojitra
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @embodiedtruthhealing
- Skinwalker Ranch on History Channel
- Check out Cindy Luffred readings (from S4|E12) via @revealingsoul
- Polyvagal Theory
- Peter Levine - trauma healing through somatic approach
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Kristin Neff + self-compassion
- Come play with us beyond the podcast! The COLLECTIVE is a free monthly conversation with people from all over the world (third Thurs of every month) + our monthly workshops explore a different facet of authenticity + are held the first Thurs of every month. Sign-up here!
- Whalebird Kombucha promo: We’re teaming up with Whalebird to offer our listeners 10% off your order, using the code JENELLRLETSPARTY!
- Connect with Nicole at nicolelohse.com or via IG @nlohse + check out her online program called Discover
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- There is an elegance to understanding yourself + who you are through the experience of being in your body. Through movement + listening to our body nuances we can not only know who we are better, but we can change + heal. We live in a society that teaches us to numb out, override, + bypass our signals so that we can keep going at breakneck speeds, but it is actually quite harmful + can cause long-term damage when we ignore such a masterful + important information source in our bodies + felt sensations.
- This work can be a daily practice of building capacity on a smaller scale over time so that the BIG + SCARY stuff eventually doesn’t seem quite so BIG + SCARY as you build towards it. Start small by slowly sitting in smaller discomfort + situations, intentionally expanding the ability to hold scarier over time.
- Explore what it feels like to access your truth states as much as you do your survival states. The more we practice being in those truth states, the easier they become to access in any given moment. We tend to spend so much time exploring the pain states, but rarely digging into the nuances of the somatic truth states + this can be a resource + powerful access point for us as we cultivate somatic literacy + healing within our bodies.