#1: LET’S START AT THE END: OUR WILD RIDE CREATING THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE
We are Rachel Bellotti and Jenell Riesner, co-hosts of the TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE PODCAST, exploring everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
We have met so many interesting people from all walks of life living fascinating and inspiring lives whose stories aren’t being told. This season we are excited to connect with and celebrate the untold stories of everyday people from Sheboygan, WI, to Santa Monica, CA, who are living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we start at the end, recapping and teasing out what we learned and loved from Season 1 of THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE Podcast. After coming up with a seemingly hair-brained idea and launching a podcast with zero previous podcasting experience, we are proud and excited to share the stories of 10 incredible humans, as well as our own wild rides. It’s honest, heartfelt, and vulnerable. It embraces the magic of humans taking on big dreams in the face of fear and self-doubt, learning to keep showing up and always remembering to pause and laugh along the way. We hope you enjoy listening to this first season as much as we enjoyed creating it! XO
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- Emmy’s organic coconut cookies
- SPIRE Fitness - Milwaukee’s first cycle, crew + TRX studio
- UN|STUCK - life + soul coaching
- Intro music from Jukedeck - create your own at http://jukedeck.com
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Each of us has a unique set of experiences, beliefs, values that make us, US and yet there is a universality to the trends of being a human. When we can see the bigger human experience, we can start to relate to people and situations that we never may have thought we could before. We are more similar than we initially realize.
- Keep being you. Who you are is special, please keep showing up in the world as yourself. Always.
- It’s never going to be perfect. Just show up. Try it. Let go of going back and nitpicking any perceived mistakes. Keep moving forward and try again. You will keep getting better and gaining more information and improving every time you do something if you just keep showing up.
TIME STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [2:45] Take a pause + celebrate
- [3:20] Why we started THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE podcast
- [8:30] Having a partner whose energies compliment one another to magnify momentum around ideas
- [12:00] Start wherever you are + allow it to evolve
- [15:50] The universality of the human experience
- [19:50] It’s hard to hate up close
- [21:30] Honoring the authenticity and awkwardness of being YOU no matter what
- [30:18] Who do we talk to this season
- [37:15] What’s best for me today?
- [41:30] Permission to keep being YOU
- [47:20] How are you living your TRUE NORTH, now, today?
- [53:07] Owning your shit
- [1:04:00] Thank you to all the guests for being amazing! And thank you to our guests for listening. Be kind + reach out on our website if inspired.